At Microsoft, we're motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what's most important to them.
We run our business in much the same way, and believe our five business segments offer the greatest potential to serve our customers. They are:
- Client : Includes the Windows product family and is responsible for our relationships with personal computer manufacturers.
- Server and Tools : Software server products, services and solutions, including: Windows Server operating system, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Enterprise Services, Visual Studio, System Center products, Forefront security products and Biz Talk Server.
- Online Services Business : Consists of an online advertising platform with offerings for publishers and advertisers, personal communications services such as e-mail and instant messaging, and online information offerings such as Live Search and the MSN portals and channels.
- Microsoft Business Division : Includes the Microsoft Office suites, desktop programs, servers, and services and solutions; Microsoft Dynamics; and Unified Communications business solutions.
- Entertainment and Devices Division : Consists of the Xbox video game system, including consoles and accessories, Xbox Live operations, Zune digital music and entertainment device; Mediaroom, mobile and embedded device platforms, Surface computing platform, and Windows Automotive.
We are committed long term to the mission of helping our customers realize their full potential. Just as we constantly update and improve our products, we want to continually evolve our company to be in the best position to accelerate new technologies as they emerge and to better serve our customers.
Microsoft deals in different kinds of software platforms such as Home Operating Systems, Network Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Enterprise Email Servers.